01 October 2008

House warming parties

Well I finally took the time to sit here and write again. A lot has happened since my last entry but the most memorable things are my two parties. The first one was for girls only and was a completely full house. I could not have fitted another person in. I felt terrible for Alli's friend, Ann, who uses a wheelchair and was stuck in the hall most of the evening. Much as I like my house, I do think the layout of the doorways are stupid at times.

As usual, I did far too much food but luckily there was plenty of salad stuff and healthy nibbles for the dieters. There were quite a few of them.

We had karaoke which went down very well. Alli, Vikki and Tracy all loved singing and were the best singers. Some of the others sang a few songs too and even i joined in to the group singing of "Like a virgin" when the mike wasn't around.

The party kept going until 5am and Ruth and Tracy were the last to leave.

The following week we had a lot more sedate party. Initially the idea was to have Alli's brother, Pete, playing the guitar. But he decided to pass on that but still came to the party. Lee and Pod also came and Will. Later on we had a visit from Ruth and Tracy again.

It was nice to be able to just have a chat with people, especially since some of them I hadn't seen for a while. We just laid on a basic buffet and some nibbles but people seemed happy with that.

Pete stayed the night and it was enjoyable to wake up and listen to him playing his guitar downstairs.

We are soon having another party but it will be a small one and I will tell you about that one another time.

No comments: