05 July 2008

Housing Problems

Yesterday, I had a problem with my house. The estate agent rang to say that another bidder had gazzumped my offer and I have lost the house. I didn't realise that it was still allowed in England. Scotland and Wales have banned it but just typical isn't it that it happens to be legal here. I wasn't very happy with the estate agents so I have changed to another agent.

This time I'm using Potters Properties in Shelton. It's a lot smaller agent and they promise not to allow further offers when a house is sold. I have found a nice house in Oakhill which suits me great. It's up for sale at the same price and the owners accepted my offer. Better still, because it's empty, they will let me move in on wednesday, so i don't need to change any dates.

The house is in a cul-de-sac with just forty houses. It's a semi with a drive. Two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs and kitchen and lounge downstairs. It also has a lean-to which can be used as a store room or laundry.

I can't believe I found another nice house so quickly. The area is nice and close for work and shops and close to both the A500 and A34. What more could I want? oh, yes, the keys of course. I can pick them up on Wednesday too.

No comments: