09 August 2008

A new me?

Wow, it has been a long time since I wrote on here and a lot has happened in the last few weeks. The first thing is of course that I received my decree absolute on the first of July. A fantastic celebration was that, I gather, lol.

The next thing was that I moved in to my lovely house and spent days and days shopping and wearing out poor Wendy who was traipsing around with me everywhere. I have now more or less got it the way I want it so it was worth it though.

I decided that I need to make up for the last year of being cooped up in my bedroom so I want plenty of social life. Therefore I joined a ladies group who meet once a fortnight. I went to the first meeting and was told that there was going to be a barge trip (tomorrow) and a Stoke Pride. I promptly signed up for the barge trip and also volunteered myself to help out at the Pride, which is later today.

Sadly, even though the weather has been fantastic for weeks and weeks, it has now turned rather wet today. It is just about the last thing we needed. Anyway. I went to the second meeting and met the love of my life, Alli. She is absolutely wonderful, just the kinda person I have been looking for. We have been together exactly three weeks today but it feels like we've known each other for months. The best thing is; she loves me too.

I have been wondering what to do about my name. I have never been happy with my first names anyway and I couldn't see the point of being called after some bloke. I didn't want my maiden name since I never used it as a kid, so why now. The solution to the problem was to totally change my name to something similar but new.

Most people already know me as Lisa (or Lee for short) so it was obvious that I would shorten my original Sirkka-Liisa to just Lisa and my middle name used to be Paivikki so I just shortened that to Vikki. Then comes the question of the surname. Lockett is a type of jewellery so could i use some other jewellery instead? I couldn't think of anything suitable. I thought maybe ring but it didn't sound right so i thought of something to go with ring and that's how i came up with the name Gem. It's not very common and it could be a shortening of Gemini.

So there we have it. A new life, a new home, a new partner and a new name. Life couldn't get better than this, could it?

1 comment:

Susanna said...

40 års kris?